A workshop with Jamie Keddie for English language teachers
Jamie Keddie is back to Armenia.
- A teacher, storyteller, international conference speaker, and British Council ELTon award winner.
_ Oxford University Press author of Images (2009) and Bringing Online Video into the Classroom (2014).
- Creator of Lessonstream, a resource site for language teachers which explores possibilities for visual material in the classroom.
- Developer of Videotelling, a technique which combines traditional oral storytelling with narratives from online videos.
In this series of workshops, we will do the following:
- explore the diversity and complexity of narratives that can be associated with any image or short online video
- look at a wide range of language teaching activities which involve visual narratives,
- examine the beauty of using visual narratives for the basis of teacher-led interactive storytelling sessions in the classroom,
- suggest ideas for activities in which the students become visual storytellers and language teaching activities in which students deconstruct, verbalize and share ideas.
Registration deadline: 05 September 2016
Cost : 35,000 AMD for a three-day course for 4 hours a day. Those teachers who attended Jenny Miller's workshop will receive a 15% discount.
Payment deadline:15 May 2016
20% discount for students.
Time: 14-15 October 2016 from 16:00 till 20:00
16 October 2016 from 11:00 till 15:00